Sunday, December 03, 2006

Around the world in 30 days

I left Spokane on Oct 1st and didn't start my job in Billings until Nov 1st. So I had an entire month to play.

On my first post I bragged about getting to visit Joe & Katie in Rapid City, but I also had some other fun adventures to post...better late than never, right?

Michigan
I visited Todd and Julie Dykstra and their beautiful kiddos (John, Andrew, & Anna) for almost a week.


Highlights
  • smiles from a 3 month old baby girl
  • hearing Todd preach again
  • walking thru the amazing church property and enjoying the fall color
  • spawning salmon in the little church stream - they're huge!!!
  • Julie's always welcoming family
  • carving pumpkins
  • fresh apple cider
  • new curtains for their front door
  • panera bread and shoe shopping - a tradition on every visit
  • favorite new coat, for a bargain no less
  • fellowship
  • chai tea lattes
  • Andrew taking care of his lil sis, and enjoying an apple










    John and Andrew jumping into the hay

    the Dykstra boys at the church property & jack-o-lanterns

    Bible Time


    Los Angeles
    Next I left the comfort of small town Montana to visit friends in L.A. Boy, they must be important to me! Juli and Justin McKitterick are some of my favorite people. I've promised to visit them ever since they left for seminary. What a joy to see them!

    Highlights

    • seeing the UCLA campus
    • listening to Justin preach at Grace on Campus at UCLA
    • first time at Disneyland!!!
    • finally attending Grace Community Church and Crossroads College Ministry
    • traffic, traffic and more traffic
    • sunning on beach in late October
    • shared car sickness
    • boba!!!
    • fellowship with one of my best friends
    • finding the Hollywood sign
    • we broke Splash Mountain at Disneyland! as a result - we saw the secret behind scenes of Disneyland - awesome!
    • Anne of Green Gables and popcorn
    • laughing over spilled juice - again



    No comments: